The First Step to Solving Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Is your snoring or the snoring of someone you love wreaking havoc on your life? We can help detect obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) with an at-home sleep study using our MATRx Plus sleep technology.
The 3-night sleep test will help us determine whether you’re one of the more than 850,000 Canadians suffering from sleep apnea. It also shows us whether a mouthguard-like oral appliance will be an effective treatment for you.
We’d love to help you sleep better and improve your quality of life. Contact us about booking your MATRx Plus sleep test today.
What Is Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a serious and sometimes life-threatening sleep disorder that involves partial to complete obstruction of the airway and reduced blood oxygenation levels. Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is the most common type, and it’s believed to be under-recognized and under-diagnosed, even in people with symptoms.
Snoring is a common symptom, but it alone does not indicate you have OSA. However, if your snoring paired with any of the following symptoms, we encourage you to get assessed:
- Restless sleep
- Breathing pauses during sleep
- Gasping or choking at night
- Chest pain at night
- Disrupting your partner’s sleep
- Lowered sex drive
- An unexplained headache in the morning
The Health Effects of Losing Sleep
The quality of the sleep you and your loved ones get nightly plays a major role in your overall physical and mental health, maintaining a healthy immune system, and managing your appetite.
You deserve a great night’s sleep. By treating the underlying issue causing your sleep apnea or snoring, you may also enjoy the following benefits:
- No more morning sore throats or headaches related to sleep apnea
- Increased daytime energy and better overall mood
- Improved concentration, memory, and learning
- Decreased risk of high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease
Share Your Smile With Us
We’d love to see your smile at Palermo Village Dental.
Where to Park?
There’s plenty of free parking on-site at our location on the western corner of Dundas and Old Bronte Road.
- Suite #290, 2525 Old Bronte Rd.
- Oakville, ON L6M 4J2
- Phone: 905-815-8888
- Email: [email protected]
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 6:30 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM*
- Saturday: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Note: *Friday appointments are by appointment only