Combining Dental Experience With Dental Technology
The advent of modern technology in dentistry has given both patients and dentists something to smile about. These advances have resulted in faster, more efficient treatment and significant improvements in patient comfort. A small sampling of the technologies we use is included below.
- Digital process – Virtually eliminates the use of paper and saves trees, making us an eco-friendly office. The digital x-ray system, intra oral cameras, and dental software we use allows our staff to chart fillings, decay, periodontal disease, and other case-specific findings
- Digital X-Rays – Reduces radiation by 90%. Digital x-rays do not require harmful toxic chemicals for film development and eliminate the use of plastic film packets. The x-ray image immediately appears on a computer screen so both the patient and the dentist can review it immediately. X-rays allow us to:
- Find decay and abnormalities between teeth and below the gum line
- Monitor the effects of periodontal (gum) conditions
- Evaluate your jaw bone and the position of your teeth
- Monitor areas of concern before they become a problem
- Detect any growths or abnormalities in your jawbone that may be a sign of something more serious
- Get a complete picture of your teeth in relation to each other and your mouth (both inside and out)
- Intraoral Camera: Seeing Things Together – An intraoral camera is a highly advanced innovation in dentistry that allows us to get a close-up view inside your mouth. Intraoral cameras are an essential tool in the diagnosis of our patient’s dental health and to better understand the suggested treatment plan. In addition to being convenient and easy to use, the intraoral camera presents a great opportunity for patient education. The images are displayed on a television or computer monitor so that you can see what we see when we look inside your mouth. The crisp, colour magnified images provide us a means of seeing better, and each patient has the opportunity to visualize specific areas which may require monitoring. With a clear understanding of your dental condition, you’ll be able to make treatment decision with confidence.
We welcome you to our dental family in Oakvile, ON, and look forward to hearing from you! Call us today: 905.815.8888